Monday 22 August 2011

Living is a problem because everything dies...


...this is my random song of today by Biffy Clyro; nice cheery concept which I don’t want to get too philosophical about.



I think ‘Living is a problem’ is the mantra of any plant which spends any significant time in my flat. My friend bought me a sunflower growing kit and the photo above shows that one is indeed growing and so far surviving...I’m determined to actually get it to flower! I love sunflowers and it would be really cool if this one successfully beat the odds of my tendency to either over water or starve the things. Hopefully I’ll soon be able to post up another picture soon with it in full bloom.



One of the downsides of living in a flat is the lack of a garden (unless you count the bit of space out the back where the bins are kept). The prettiest garden I’ve ever seen was the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden in Vancouver (photo below). I’ve mentioned this before in my blog but it was so great it deserves another mention. It was such a beautiful sanctuary in the middle of a city and I could have sat there all day. Not quite the same as the park along the road from me... but maybe if I close my eyes I can imagine this place instead...


3 comments:

  1. Hope that poor sunflower makes it! That looks such a peaceful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!...It's big! I forgot about the wee sunflower - perhaps a wee bit more water though...hmmmmm? ;o) Proud of you for keeping it alive this long! Lol! How pretty is the Japenese garden!?! There's always something so tranquil about them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, so good. Hope it makes it too!

    The garden was one of the most peaceful places I've ever been to - wish there was one here. (great place to sit and write)

    ReplyDelete